[FUN_Mail] A FUN posting invitation

Kathleen Susman kasusman at vassar.edu
Tue Mar 26 22:10:06 EDT 2013

Dear FUN folks,

I'd like to invite you to subscribe to my teaching blog- it focuses on
teaching neuroscience (and teaching in general). It's full of tips, ideas
and light-hearted tales of teaching. I post new articles each Tuesday. Here
is the url: http://pages.vassar.edu/teachingtales/
Enjoy and I hope to hear comments from you!
Kate Susman

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Bob Calin-Jageman
<rcalinjageman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Welcome, again, to the new FUN mailing list (also known as a listserv).
>

> What is this list for?
>
> To organize discussion across the whole FUN membership.  Use it to post
> jobs, ask questions about lab technique, suggest good teaching resources,
> etc.
>

> How do I use this list?
>
> Just fire off an email to FUN_Mail at lists.funfaculty.org.  Your email will
> be
> distributed to the entire FUN membership.  Please be sure:
>
> .         That your post is relevant to the FUN membership
>
> .         Appropriate for public eyes (it's a private list, but once it
> reaches an inbox there's no telling where an email could end up)
>
> .         BE CAREFUL WITH REPLYING - REMEMBER THAT REPLIES TO THIS EMAIL GO
> TO THE WHOLE LIST.
>

> Isn't there already a mailing list for FUN?
>
> Kinds of sort of.  There were actually two listservs previously set up for
> FUN-one at Bowdoin and one at Gettysburgh.  These lists were no longer
> being
> supported, however, and hardly any current members were registered.  FUN
> has
> setup this new list using a dedicated mailing list service.  The list has
> been seeded with all current members, and archives will be collected and
> integrated into the FUN website.
>

> Stop - I want out
>
> Send a mail to FUN_Mail-leave at lists.funfaculty.org. The subject and body
> of
> this message will be ignored, so it doesn't matter what you put there.  You
> can also manage your subscription from the FUN website.  Just login, go to
> 'my account', and click the 'newsletter' tab.  Need help?  Email
> webmaster at funfaculty.org .
>

> Enjoy
>
> The best thing about FUN is the members.  It's fantastic to share ideas and
> conversation with others who know the pain of teaching the Nernst equation
> and the joy of submitting a manuscript with a student author.  Hopefully,
> this mailing list will help enliven the interactions between members and
> help knit out community even more closely together.  Special prize will be
> awarded for the first person to inadvertently reply to the mailing list
> with
> an email that was meant for just one person. J
>

> Your humble webmaster,
>

> Bob
>

> -------------------
>
> Bob Calin-Jageman
>
> Neuroscience Program Director
>
> Associate Professor
>
> Department of Psychology
>
> Dominican University
>
> 708.524.6581
>
> rcalinjageman at dom.edu

Professor of Biology on the Jacob P. Giraud Jr. Chair of Natural History
Director, Program in Neuroscience and Behavior
Advisor to Class of 2015, Dean of Studies Office