[FUN_Mail] FUN Faculty Awards

Jeffrey Smith via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Thu Aug 7 10:00:59 EDT 2014

Hello FUN Friends!

I am just sending out a quick note to remind you all that nominations are open for the FUN Faculty Awards. This is our chance to say thank you to the many talented and hard-working members of our organization. All it requires is that you, the membership, nominate folks that you believe made a difference in your life and the life of our community. The awards are:

FUN Educator of the Year Award
The Educator Award is given annually to a regular member or fellow of FUN in recognition of notable efforts related to promoting effective teaching of neuroscience at the undergraduate level, and is based on a nominating letter from a member.

FUN Service Award
The Service Award will be given from time to time, to recognize individuals who have made outstanding efforts towards the continuing development of FUN as an organization.

FUN Mentor Award
The Mentor Award will be given from time to time, to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions as mentors for young neuroscientists.

The Career and Lifetime Achievement Awards
The Career and Lifetime Achievement Awards will be given from time to time, to recognize individuals who have made outstanding efforts on behalf of undergraduate neuroscience education and research. Outstanding efforts may include singular achievements that have provided wide benefit to the undergraduate neuroscience community, or sustained efforts across years.

For a full listing of those that have received awards in the past, please follow this link: http://www.funfaculty.org/drupal/node/455

So, by now, you may be thinking to yourself..."I have several folks that have made a difference in my life...I want them to receive acknowledgement for their amazing efforts and thanks from the community. How would one go about giving such a wonderful gift?"

It's EASY! Simply write a short letter outlining the person's qualities, service, and achievements and the award that you are nominating that person for, and send it to Noah Sandstrom (Noah.Sandstrom at williams.edu) by September 1st.

We are a talented group, let's CELEBRATE the talents of our membership! Nominate someone today!

Best to all!
Jeff

Jeffrey S. Smith, Ph.D.
President, Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience
The Malcolm and Lois Field Endowed Chair in Health Sciences
Department of Health Sciences
Crystal M. Lange College of Health & Human Services
Saginaw Valley State University
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710

web: http://www.svsu.edu/~jsmith12