[FUN_Mail] Neuroscience at DePaul

Kozlowski, Dorothy via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Mon Aug 11 17:12:14 EDT 2014

Dear FUN members,
It was great seeing you all at the workshop in Ithaca earlier this month.  As always, I learned so much and felt, as Julio suggested at "Home" with you all.  My goal in attending the workshop was to gather data on creating Neuroscience programs within institutions and then to come back to DePaul and convince our Dean that DePaul needed a program. I left the workshop energized, with a great sales pitch in hand.

I'm happy to say that the Dean was very supportive and excited and I now have his support to form a committee to create a proposal for a Neuroscience major.  I'm very excited.

So that's why I'm reaching out to you.  At the workshop, I gathered many "best practices" of programs and tips on approaching administration which were very helpful.  I am now asking if you all could help in another way.  For those of you whose institution has a neuroscience program/major, would you please be willing to share your learning goals and curriculum with me.  Feel free to send links to websites or documents, etc.  whatever you're willing to share.  I'd like my committee to see how other successful programs work as we develop ours.

Thanks for a great workshop…it definitely lead to something big here at DePaul!
Best,
Dorothy
--
Please note that my address and phone number have changed.  My office is now in McGowan North - 106:

Dorothy Kozlowski Ph.D.
Professor - Department of Biological Sciences
DePaul University
McGowan North 106
2325 N. Clifton
Chicago, IL 60614