[FUN_Mail] Request for input on creating UG Neuroscience program at public primarily UG university

Hale, Robert (Bob) via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Wed Aug 13 09:40:51 EDT 2014

Fellow FUN members:

I am working on a proposal for an interdisciplinary UG Neuroscience program.  I am in the department of Psychology at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, a moderate-sized (8,500) primarily UG public university.  The program would rely primarily on cross-listed coursework from Chemistry, Biology, and Psychology, with those sections tailored to Neuroscience majors, but unique Neuroscience courses could be developed.

If you have created a program somewhat along these lines, I would greatly appreciate receiving any information/resources/links you have that you believe would be helpful.  I did attend the August FUN workshop on creating and sustaining UG Neuroscience programs, and came away with some wonderful information.  However,  I am seeking more "nuts and bolts" information on curriculum, funding, the politics of moving such proposals through the approval process, and any other issues and solutions you have experienced.

Thank you in advance for your input.

-Bob