[FUN_Mail] Soliciting Advice on Teaching a Blind Student

Fricks-Gleason, Ashley N via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Mon Aug 18 15:06:17 EDT 2014

Hi FUN folks,

We have a blind student joining our freshman class this year and she's enrolled in my Intro Neuro lab this fall.  In consultation with our Disability Services Office, I have spent the summer coming up with clever adaptation solutions.  However, I can't help but feel like I might be reinventing the wheel.  If any of you have experience teaching a blind student neuroscience (particularly labs such as sheep brain dissection, human neuroanatomy with models, and/or microscopy), I would be extremely grateful if you would be willing to share your knowledge and experience. You can email me directly at africksgleason at regis.edu or call 303-964-6790.

Thanks so much,
Ashley

Ashley N. Fricks-Gleason, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor