[FUN_Mail] Major field test (for Neuroscience)

Divya Sitaraman via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Sun Oct 12 20:28:40 EDT 2014

Dear FUN folks,

I am an Asst Professor in Behavioral Neuroscience at University of San
Diego and am truly excited to be a part of the FUN community. The
Behavioral Neuroscience major was started in our school in 2012 and in
order to gauge how we are doing we would like to conduct a Major Field Test
(or something like it) for our graduating seniors in Spring 2014.

It will be anonymous and the idea is to present students with Neuroscience
questions and test their understanding of the field. We have been looking
around for something standardized but haven't been able to find something
concrete yet.

I was interested in hearing your experiences regarding 2 major issues that
we have been talking about:
a) How to test students knowledge of Neuroscience?
b) Are there any tests out there that will meet this purpose?

Thanks and I look forward to your responses,

Divya Sitaraman
Assistant Professor of Behavioral Neuroscience
University of San Diego