[FUN_Mail] January Crawdad workshop

Bruce Raymond Johnson via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Thu Sep 4 15:44:42 EDT 2014

Dear FUN Colleagues,

Ron Hoy, Bob Wyttenbach, Wes Colgan, and I  are again presenting a January laboratory teaching workshop at Cornell, co-hosted with ADInstruments, Jan 5-8, 2015.  We offer hands-on experience in established and new neurophysiology lab exercises from the Crawdad Project.  We teach invertebrate preparations that demonstrate basic principles of nervous system physiology, and provide training using ADInstruments software for student data acquisition and analysis.  Feel free to contact me for more details.

Details for this workshop are found at: http://www.adinstruments.com/events/training/classroom-excellence-crawdad-invertebrate-neurophysiology-workshop

ADInstruments is offering a competitive scholarship to attend this workshop for all faculty members, course instructors, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students interested in learning new techniques and preparations for teaching laboratory neuroscience.  We especially encourage women, under-represented minorities in neuroscience, those teaching at institutions with primarily minority students, young faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students to apply. The Deadline to apply for a Crawdad Workshop Scholarship is Oct 13, 2014. See link to the scholarship page on the web site above.

best wishes,

Bruce

Bruce R. Johnson, Ph.D.
Dept of  Neurobiology and Behavior
Mudd Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853

Office: 1134 Comstock Hall; Ph: 607-254-4323