[FUN_Mail] FW: [Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience newsletter] Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience newsletter

Harrington, Ian via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Sun Sep 7 21:37:16 EDT 2014

What a great question, Bill! BTW, it sounds like a nice way to put together
the perfect reading list for a seminar class. Can I suggest either that the
replies go to the whole list or that Bill posts the results?

Maybe I'm guilty of some kind of recency effect with this suggestion since
I just used it in class but if they have some interest in plasticity and
behavior I'd have to suggest von Melchner, Pallas, & Sur (2000):

http://web.mit.edu/msur/www/publications/visual.pdf

It was preceded by a companion paper by Sharma, Angelucci, & Sur (2000)
that is purely physiological:

http://web.mit.edu/msur/www/publications/induction.pdf

I suppose if you're going to publish in Nature you might as well do it in
bunches!

IH