[FUN_Mail] 2016 Grass Fellowship Program Announcement for FUN

Linda Maninger via FUN_Mail fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org
Tue Sep 8 14:37:27 EDT 2015

Dear Bob,

Once again, we would like to ask for your help in disseminating information
on the Grass Fellowships on the FUN website, emails to FUN members, and the
FUN listserv.  This is truly an amazing opportunity for senior graduate
students, postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty. I am hoping that we can
get this announcement posted widely. I have attached a PDF flyer as well as
application information and in text format pasted in below.
Thanks very much,
Linda

The Grass Foundation

2016 Grass Fellowship Program

The 14-week Grass Fellowship Program
<http://www.grassfoundation.org/grass-fellowship/grass-fellowship-overview>
provides
early-career investigators with an unparalleled opportunity to develop and
conduct independent neuroscience research projects within the vibrant
scientific community of the Marine Biological Laboratory
<http://www.mbl.edu/>(MBL), Woods Hole. Fellows function as both an
intellectual and social group during their stay and routinely interact with
prominent scientists to build a support network of peers and researchers in
their field. In addition to US citizens and permanent residents,
international trainees are encouraged to apply. The fellowship is open to
graduate students, postdocs and junior faculty. Your proposal does not have
to be different from the project you are working on to take advantage of
the equipment loaner program, the imaging opportunities at the MBL, the
cool summer and resident researchers etc! Former fellows have called the
program: “*the most enriching experience of my early scientific life*,” “*the
greatest training experience imaginable*,” and "*one of the most important
experiences of my career*.”

Applications for the 2016 Grass Fellowship Program are now available at the
Grass Foundation website <http://www.grassfoundation.org/>. The deadline
for applications is December 5, 2015.

--

Executive Assistant