[FUN_Mail] vision lab ideas?

Tracy M Hodgson t-hodgson at northwestern.edu
Fri Feb 5 17:00:14 EST 2016

Everyone:

   I also do the fly ERG lab at NU, following the protocol from Ilya Vilinsky and Karl G. Johnson:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23494679

   I make a wick electrode by looping and tying a cotton thread through half a piece of electrode glass.  Once I push it into the electrode holder I cut the thread.  You can then fill the electrode with ringer to keep the thread wet.  If anyone wants any more details on doing the experiment let me know.  It's very easy for students to get data in this experiment.

Tracy