[FUN_Mail] Do you teach with the Allen Brain Atlas or the openfmri.org website?

Richard Olivo rolivo at smith.edu
Mon Jan 25 22:01:22 EST 2016

Dear colleagues,

Bill Grisham and I are organizing the teaching workshop for the 2016 SfN
annual meeting. The topic is "Teaching Neuroscience with Big Data." We
would like to hear from faculty who have created an exercise for a course
that uses either the *Allen Brain Atlas* or the
*openfmri​.org​ website*. If this is you, and you are likely to attend the
SfN annual meeting in San Diego next fall, please reply to me (
rolivo at smith.edu) with a brief description of the exercise(s) you have
devised
​. If you can attach a copy of the assignment or lab instructions, that
will be especially helpful. Our goal is to identify potential panelists for
the workshop who can show their colleagues how to use these resources.

With best wishes,
Richard

--------
Richard F Olivo, PhD
Professor of Biological Sciences and Neuroscience, Smith College
Founding Editor, Educational Resources (ERIN), Society for Neuroscience
    44 College Lane, Smith College, Northampton MA 01063
    413 585-3822  •   http://tinyurl.com/bio300http://erin.sfn.org