[FUN_Mail] Repeat - REU at PUIs

Amy Jo Stavnezer AJStavnezer at wooster.edu
Fri Jan 29 14:04:07 EST 2016

Thank you Jared.

On Jan 29, 2016, at 1:40 PM, Jared Young via FUN_Mail <fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org<mailto:fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org>> wrote:

Amy,
I've added it to the Internship list on the FUN website. Congratulations!
Jared

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 5:42 AM, Amy Jo Stavnezer via FUN_Mail <
fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org<mailto:fun_mail at lists.funfaculty.org>> wrote:

Hi again — the links to our website and application got messed up in that
last post.  Here it is again with corrections, apologies:

Good morning all,

I am so excited to let you know about a new Research Experience for
Undergraduates (REU) Collaborative award, funded by the National Science
Foundation, to The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH, Ohio Wesleyan
University, Delaware, OH, Kenyon College, Gambier, OH, and Earlham College,
Richmond, IN.  It will support 16 students for 9 weeks during the summers
of 2016-2018.  Undergraduate participants will receive a stipend of $4,725
in addition to housing, meal and travel allowances.  This summer we will
meet between May 16th and July 15th.

For more information: http://goo.gl/xNvuGL

This REU unites the successful neuroscience undergraduate research
programs of four predominately undergraduate institutions in Northern Ohio
and Eastern Indiana. The REU consists of four research teams, one per
partner institution, each with four students and two faculty mentors for a
nine-week summer REU. Each group will focus on a separate research project
from a faculty mentor’s area of expertise. Participants will work on
challenging, authentic research questions and learn methods, skills and
content to succeed in their research endeavors at their home institutions.
In addition, during biweekly consortium meetings, participants will learn
methods, skills and content on research methods being used at the partner
institutions.

Participants will also engage in discussion on their projects, learn about
the progress of their peers, network with other students, hear about career
opportunities in academe and industry, develop ethical and responsible
research conduct strategies and improve CV, cover letter and interview
skills during the weekly consortium meetings that will bring the research
groups together in-person and virtually. Students will present their
findings at a research symposium at the conclusion of the program.

Apply by March 11 at: http://apply.interfolio.com/33724

Questions?  Contact: Dr. Amy Jo Stavnezer, The College of Wooster,
ajstavnezer at wooster.edu<mailto:ajstavnezer at wooster.edu><mailto:ajstavnezer at wooster.edu>, or Dr. Jennifer
R. Yates, Ohio Wesleyan University, jryates at owu.edu<mailto:jryates at owu.edu><mailto:jryates at owu.edu
.

Please share this with your students and colleagues.

Best,
Amy Jo

Jared Young
Associate Professor, Biology