[FUN_Mail] 2017 Grass Fellowship Program Announcement-Please Post/Circulate Widely thru FUN

Linda Maninger execassist at grassfoundation.org
Mon Sep 19 19:46:59 EDT 2016

Dear Bob,

Once again, we would like to ask for your help in disseminating information
on the Grass Fellowships at FUN ( website, emails to FUN members, and the FUN
listserv).

This is truly an amazing opportunity for senior graduate students,
postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty. I am hoping that we can get this
announcement posted widely. I have attached PDF flyers as well as
application information pasted in below.

Thanks very much.

*The Grass Foundation*

*2017 Grass Fellowship Program*

The 14-week Grass Fellowship Program
<http://www.grassfoundation.org/grass-fellowship/grass-fellowship-overview>
provides
early-career investigators with an unparalleled opportunity to develop and
conduct independent neuroscience research projects within the vibrant
scientific community of the Marine Biological Laboratory
<http://www.mbl.edu/>(MBL), Woods Hole. Fellows function as both an
intellectual and social group during their stay and routinely interact with
prominent scientists to build a support network of peers and researchers in
their field. In addition to US citizens and permanent residents,
international trainees are encouraged to apply. The fellowship is open to
graduate students, postdocs and junior faculty. Your proposal does not have
to be different from the project you are working on to take advantage of
the equipment loaner program, the imaging opportunities at the MBL, the
cool summer and resident researchers etc! Former fellows have called the
program: “*the most enriching experience of my early scientific life*,” “*the
greatest training experience imaginable*,” and "*one of the most important
experiences of my career*.”

Applications for the 2017 Grass Fellowship Program are now available on the
Grass Foundation website <http://www.grassfoundation.org/>. The deadline
for applications is December 5, 2016.

--

Executive Assistant