[FUN_Mail] Alternative careers in Neurosci for undergrads ...

Symonds, Laura symonds at msu.edu
Thu Oct 5 15:05:12 EDT 2017

Hi Paul,

I’d like to add neuromonitoring (surgical physiologist) to the list. We’ve had several students hired by companies who contract with surgeons and hospitals to do provide monitoring during surgery. The students who have been hired have so far said they really enjoy the work, and I have received feedback from the one of the companies that the neuroscience training the students have has given them a “leg up” on learning the methods compared to other students. Here<https://www.graceneurotech.org/what-is-surgical-neurophysiology> is a link to a website that describes the field in a bit more detail (https://www.graceneurotech.org/what-is-surgical-neurophysiology).

Laura

Laura L Symonds, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Neuroscience
Director Undergraduate Neuroscience