[FUN_Mail] Post your summer undergraduate research opportunities with FUN

Jared Young jyoung at mills.edu
Thu Dec 6 20:14:18 EST 2018

Dear FUN member,

Research experience is a fundamental piece of an undergraduate neuroscience
education, particularly for students who are pursuing a career in the
field. At the same time, research labs can benefit from the work an
undergraduate can provide. Many institutions offer formal summer research
programs for undergraduates, and we maintain a list of these opportunities
on the FUN website.

http://www.funfaculty.org/drupal/undergrad_internships_neuroscience

This internship list helps empower students to find opportunities and
provides a venue for our membership and others to advertise their programs.
This page is consistently the most visited page on the FUN website.

Of course, this list is only as useful as its content. We appreciate any
research opportunities that you and your colleagues can provide us with.
Just send an email to me (jyoung at mills.edu). Include the name of the
opportunity you would like listed (or just the institution at which it is
housed) and a link to the website where more information can be found. In
addition to posting these, I (or one of my students) periodically comb
through the list, repair/remove old links, and update application deadlines.
Any help you can provide with this (emailing when a link changes or a
program is no longer being run, updating us with new application deadlines)
is most helpful.

If you do not have a website, but would like to make a document available
to students (like a flyer with information on the program), I can also do
that. Just send what you would like posted, to my email.

This link has served many students and programs well in the past and we
hope it continues to do so for many years to come.

All best,
Jared Young

--
Jared Young, Ph.D.