[FUN_Mail] Highlighting diversity in neuroscience

William Ju wmyh.ju at utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 14 20:51:51 EST 2018

Hi Kristen

I  teach a 3rd year neurobiology course (several in fact) and it sounds similar in scope to yours. I like to highlight the work of Carl Hart (African American psychologist and chair of Culumbia University) as well as Ben Barres (born Barbara Barres). There are also more controversial ones that I highlight - and happy to discuss these too! Great to see this working in to mainstream neuro and would love to see the assignments you develop around these (and would love to compare)

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr. Bill Ju, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Teaching Stream