[FUN_Mail] Highlighting diversity in neuroscience

Eric Wiertelak wiertelak at macalester.edu
Tue Dec 18 16:27:55 EST 2018

Hi, All--

If we are looking at adding these resources together, one of the courses I
developed for my time in Tokyo was called "Your Brain in Japan", which was
a general/intro neuroscience course that used pioneering and continuing
work of Japan's neuroscientists as the readings supporting my lectures,
which also included a segment on the life and history of the researcher in
each class.

All the best for your holidays and a happy new year to all!

Eric

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 4:00 PM Frenzel, Kristen E <kfrenze at emory.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I teach an Introduction to Neurobiology course which covers
> neurophysiology, cellular basis of learning and memory and some sensory and
> motor systems. I like to use research from classic or current papers to
> highlight these concepts and I’d like to increase the diversity of
> scientists that I highlight. To that end, I’m looking for suggestions of
> papers that are from diverse scientists, in all the ways that is defined,
> that are related to the course concepts. The students love to hear details
> about the scientists so any background information or back story about the
> science would be welcome.
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Kristen
>

> Kristen Frenzel, Ph.D.
>
> Associate Director and Senior Lecturer
>
> Neuroscience & Behavioral Biology Program
>
> Emory University
>
> Office: 404-727-1317
>
> Cell: 678-362-9318
>
> ------------------------------

> prohibited.

Eric P. Wiertelak Ph.D.
DeWitt Wallace Professor and Chair of Psychology
Director, Neuroscience Studies Major
Macalester College
1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105