[FUN_Mail] hands-on neuroscience course Summer 2019 (June 10

James Murray james.murray at csueastbay.edu
Thu Dec 20 21:36:12 EST 2018

This course is for graduate credit, but we will accept undergrads with some
neuro background or experience....

Behavioral Neurobiology of Invertebrates 2019

This 5-week course will focus on learning techniques in neurobiological
research such as behavioral recording and analysis, electrophysiology of
intact and reduced preparations, voltage clamp and pharmacology,
immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy of neural structures.

We will discuss and examine the cellular aspects of neurobiology and the
nervous control of behavior. We will examine the current understanding of
the cellular mechanisms that underlie behavior, with a focus on marine
invertebrates. The main emphasis, however, will be hands-on experience with
research techniques such as electrophysiology, immunolabeling, histology
and microscopy, and behavioral analysis; then using these techniques to
conduct a novel research project using marine invertebrates.
More info, and to apply:
https://fhl.uw.edu/courses/course-descriptions/course/behavioral-neurobiology-of-invertebrates-2019/

More info, and to contact faculty:
https://www.facebook.com/FHLneuroethology/

Feel free to email Jim or Shaun with questions...