[FUN_Mail] FUN Travel Award Applications now Available for All Members in Good Standing
rcalinjageman at dom.edu
Thu Apr 25 14:20:07 EDT 2019
CALL FOR APPLICATION:
2019 Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience Undergraduate Research Travel Awards.
Applications for The Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN) Undergraduate Research Travel Awards to the 2019 Society for Neuroscience Meeting in Chicago, IL are now being accepted through May 23, 2019 at 8 PM EDT/5 PM PDT.
Information about the award: The awards offer up to $750 in aid for travel and attendance expenses associated with attending the Society for Neuroscience 2019 meeting for students who are presenting posters at the main SFN meeting. All student award travel award applications must have a faculty sponsor who is a dues-paying member of FUN.
The student must be an author on the abstract and present research that results from studies conducted while an undergraduate. It is not necessary that the student be enrolled as an undergraduate at the time of the SFN fall meeting. Students are eligible if the work was done before their graduation the previous academic year. However, students who have previously won a FUN travel award may not reapply.
A panel of FUN members judges the award applications. The judging criteria focus on the student's contribution to the project, the importance and originality of the project, and the candidate's potential in science. Preference is given to students who are first author on the abstract.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online<https://funfaculty.org/applications/index.php/288878?lang=en> by the faculty sponsor as a single PDF document. Please go to the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience website (www.funfaculty.org<https://funfaculty.org/applications/index.php/288878?lang=en>) to apply and upload the following documents:
1. The abstract submitted to the Society for Neuroscience (due to SfN by May 2). The student must be an author on the abstract and present research results from studies conducted while an undergraduate.
2. A statement by the student candidate indicating the scientific importance of the project, the candidate's contribution to the project (including an estimation of the amount of time spent on it), and the relevance of this research experience to the candidate's career plans. (Two page maximum)
3. The student's CV/resume. The CV/resume should include any other research-related activities.
4. A statement by the student's faculty sponsor. This statement should clearly identify the specific intellectual, technical, and time contributions the student candidate has made, especially in the case of multiple student authors, and compare the student's exact role in the project to those of the other authors. The sponsor's statement should briefly summarize the lab's source(s) of funding, and whether graduate students were part of or supervised the undergraduate's project.
5. One sentence indicating whether the student and sponsor both give permission for FUN to maintain a confidential copy of the application for purposes of FUN travel award judge training in future years and/or retrospective outcomes analysis.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Mary Morrison at Lycoming College at morrison at lycoming.edu.
Neuroscience Program Director
7900 West Division
River Forest, IL 60305
rcalinjageman at dom.edu<mailto:rcalinjageman at dom.edu>
Shameless Self-Promotion: Introduction to the New Statistics<https://www.routledge.com/Introduction-to-the-New-Statistics-Estimation-Open-Science-and-Beyond/Cumming-Calin-Jageman/p/book/9781138825529> is the first statistics textbook to focus on Open Science and the New Statistics. Instructors can obtain a free desk copy here: https://www.routledge.com/resources/deskcopy. Or, order via Amazon<https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-New-Statistics-Estimation-Science/dp/1138825522/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467113584&sr=8-1&keywords=calin-jageman>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 9121 bytes
More information about the FUN_Mail