[FUN_Mail] FW: [External] Re: PUI Departmental Self Study and Service Requirements

Calin-Jageman, Robert rcalinjageman at dom.edu
Sat Feb 1 20:16:24 EST 2020

Here's a reply from Kurt Illig.
<< Just a note that the listserv only send mail from registered email addresses.  So if you reply from an account you didn't register, the listserv won't deliver your message!>>

From: Illig, Kurt R. <illi8559 at stthomas.edu>

Hi, all-

You might also look to FUN's own Program and Department Consultations Service, offered to undergraduate programs and departments through the FUN Committee on Education. Developed in response to an increasing need for evaluations, the consultation service provides undergraduate neuroscience programs and departments with a list of qualified consultants who will provide feedback that will enable them to improve their programs.

The PDCS maintains a database of faculty consultants with expertise in a broad range of areas. Specific areas include:

  *   Curriculum (evaluation, development, designing/improving special programs or courses, research experiences or honors)
  *   Faculty (writing grant proposals, developing funding sources, writing for publication, promoting professional development/mentoring, enhancing/evaluating teacher effectiveness)
  *   Advising (student advising for career planning, graduate school preparation, changing enrollments, minority recruitment and retention)
  *   Research facilities (designing neuroscience labs, designing teaching facilities, computer applications for courses, labs, or administration)
  *   Departmental program evaluation (self-assessments, program evaluation, department evaluation)

If you are interested in arranging for a FUN Consultation please contact Eric Wiertelak (wiertelak at Macalester.edu<mailto:wiertelak at Macalester.edu>).

Best,
-KI

Kurt R. Illig, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Biology and
Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Program

President-Elect, Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience

krillig at stthomas.edu<mailto:krillig at stthomas.edu>
(651) 962-5273
University of St. Thomas | stthomas.edu<https://www.stthomas.edu/>