[FUN_Mail] Hello question about Data analysis in your neuro courses?

Megan Hagenauer hagenaue at umich.edu
Tue Feb 25 13:06:52 EST 2020

Mendeley Data is a site dedicated to public release of scientific data,
including neuroscience-related datasets:
https://data.mendeley.com
You can use the search functions to find data that fits the focus of your
unit.
Cheers,
Megan

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 12:38 PM Bill Ju <wmyh.ju at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> Just curious if any of you have undergraduate courses where you also do
> data analysis of actual raw data from cellular staining or cell counts or
> behavioural data?
>
> If you do - are there any papers that you would recommend that have
> published their raw data online?
>
> Although many journals say they are open access, and we want better data
> numeracy in our courses (lecture based but still want to talk about data
> analysis and plotting from papers) - we have yet to find good and complete
> data sets for cellular/molecular or developmental neuroscience  -
>
> If you have any suggestions please let me know
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Dr. William Ju, M.Sc., Ph.D.
>
> *Associate Professor, Teaching Stream University of Toronto*

Megan Hastings Hagenauer, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Scientist in the Molecular, Behavioral Neuroscience
Institute
Instructor in the Department of Psychology & Neuroscience Graduate Program
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor