[FUN_Mail] FUN Faculty Awards Committee - call for membership

Symonds, Laura symonds at msu.edu
Sat Oct 10 16:21:44 EDT 2020

Hi Ron,

If you still need volunteers, I would be happy to do this!

Laura

Laura Symonds, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Physiology
Neuroscience Program
Director, Undergraduate Neuroscience Program
symonds at msu.edu

From: FUN_Mail <fun_mail-bounces at lists.funfaculty.org> on behalf of Ronald J Bayline <rjbayline at washjeff.edu>
Date: Friday, October 9, 2020 at 12:30 PM
Subject: [FUN_Mail] FUN Faculty Awards Committee - call for membership

Dear fellow FUN members,

The FUN Faculty Awards Committee is seeking assistance in evaluating the FUN Faculty Awards that were just announced.  We are looking for a member or members who are interested in joining the committee to help with the selection process for the faculty awards.  As you likely saw from the previous email that I sent, we annually recognize several faculty based on nominations from colleagues for their contributions to neuroscience education, research, and service to FUN.  The charge of the committee can be found in the FUN Bylaws<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.funfaculty.org/fun_bylaws__;!!HXCxUKc!lvAJWenlCxzWKZF9M4L2DcyfxcoSEF7tCkyjhlZg7pMq92HzFTko3tcLy8hR5Yo$>.

The committee will likely meet during the first week of November, following the deadline of Oct. 31 for nominations, to consider the nominations for the different awards.  This will involve a review of the nominating letters as well as a virtual meeting with the FUN Awards Committee to make our recommendations for the awards.  If you have been looking for a way to get more involved in FUN and to help give back and recognize the accomplishments of your FUN colleagues, here is your opportunity!  The current membership includes FUN executive committee members Ron Bayline, Mary Morrison, Alo Basu, and Susie Banks.

Please email me by Friday, Oct. 16 if you wish to contribute to this committee. You can also recommend a colleague.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Ron Bayline, FUN Past-President and Faculty Awards Committee Chair

Ronald J. Bayline (he/him/his)
Professor, Biology Department
Highmark Professor in the Health Sciences
Washington & Jefferson College
60 South Lincoln Street
Washington, PA 15301
ph: (724) 250-3406