[FUN_Mail] Call for FUN Faculty Award Nominations
MARY E. MORRISON
Morrison at lycoming.edu
Thu Aug 12 19:40:27 UTC 2021
FUN Faculty Award 2021 Call for Nominations
Dear FUN Members,
I am writing to solicit nominations for our esteemed FUN Faculty awards. Please think back over your interactions with colleagues in meetings and in person over the past few years and take some time to nominate someone who has made laudable contributions to undergraduate neuroscience. These awards are not only our way of recognizing one another's outstanding efforts internally, but also a way of creating visibility for our work as an organization within and outside of the neuroscience community.
* Did you hear about a fantastic teaching innovation or initiative? Nominate that colleague for the Carol Ann Paul FUN Educator of the Year Award!
* Were you struck by the staggering contributions of a colleague to undergraduate neuroscience education over time? Nominate that colleague for the Career/Lifetime Achievement Award!
* Is there someone who has gone above and beyond their prescribed duties to serve and develop the FUN organization? Nominate that colleague for the Service Award!
* Were you blown away by the number and quality of former mentees a colleague had in attendence at SfN or one of the regional meetings? Nominate that colleague for the Mentor Award!
* Do you know someone who is outstanding in their efforts to promote diversity and inclusivity in their own classes/labs, their department/program, or nationally? Nominate that colleague for the Fostering Diversity & Inclusion Award!
Certainly, if you have previously nominated a colleague for an award at a regional meeting, you should forward that nomination letter right over to FUN as well!
The detailed criteria for these awards are described in our by-laws in the section I have reproduced below this message. A list of previous award recipients can also be found on the website (https://www.funfaculty.org/faculty_awards).
I look forward to gathering your glowing recommendations for the files, which will now be kept open for at least 3 years in the interest of spreading more recognition of the inspiring work our members do. Given the high level of creativity, engagement, passion and fellowship in our undergraduate neuroscience community, we look forward to making each of these awards every year amidst great celebration at the annual meeting.
Please submit your nominations to me by e-mail whenever they are ready. Application review will begin October 1, 2021 and decisions are made the week before the SfN meeting.
Dr. Mary E. Morrison
FUN Past President
Assistant Professor of Biology
Co-Coordinator of the Neuroscience Program
Williamsport, PA 17701
morrison at lycoming.edu<mailto:morrison at lycoming.edu>
<http://www.holycross.edu/academics/programs/psychology/faculty/alo-c-basu>Excerpt from the FUN By-laws:
Section 6. FUN Awards Committee. This committee, which shall consist of the Past-President (chair), President, a councilor and at least one regular member or fellow appointed by the Chair, will annually select the Educator Award recipient, the Service Award recipient, the Mentor Award recipient, and consider nominations for the Career/Lifetime Achievement Award.
* The Educator Award is given annually to a regular member or fellow of FUN in recognition of notable efforts related to promoting effective teaching of neuroscience at the undergraduate level, and is based on a nominating letter from a member.
* The Career/Lifetime Achievement award is FUN's highest honor and is also based on a nominating letter from a member. The Career/Lifetime Achievement Award will be given from time to time, to recognize individuals who have made outstanding efforts on behalf of undergraduate neuroscience education and research. Outstanding efforts may include singular achievements that have provided wide benefit to the undergraduate neuroscience community, or sustained efforts across years.
* The Service Award will be given from time to time, to recognize individuals who have made outstanding efforts towards the continuing development of FUN as an organization.
* The Mentor Award will be given from time to time, to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions as mentors for young neuroscientists.
* The FUN Award for Fostering Diversity & Inclusivity will be given from time to time to recognize individuals who have made extraordinary efforts promoting diversity and inclusivity in undergraduate neuroscience education. Outstanding support of diversity may include the development of programs that substantially enhance the advancement of students and/or faculty from diverse backgrounds, successful and inclusive mentoring of diverse students and/or faculty, or fostering inclusive classroom/laboratory environments for all to succeed in science.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FUN_Mail