[FUN_Mail] Tenure track faculty position in the Biology Department at Saint Louis University

Judith Ogilvie judith.ogilvie at slu.edu
Thu Aug 26 02:29:12 UTC 2021

Saint Louis University provides a highly interdisciplinary environment and would welcome applications from someone with interest in neuroethology or animal behavior for this position. Applications should be submitted at https://slu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers (ID 02528).

The Department of Biology at Saint Louis University seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. We seek an organismal biologist addressing fundamental questions in evolution and/or ecology, including, but not limited to, evolution in response to global change, urban evolution and ecology, plant-animal interactions, disease ecology, historical and contemporary biogeography, and genetic and environmental underpinnings of phenotypic variation.

The successful candidate will be expected to establish a vigorous, externally funded research program that engages and trains graduate (M.S. and Ph.D.) students and undergraduate students in modern field and lab-based approaches to understanding organismal diversity, evolution and ecology. The person will contribute to the department's teaching mission in organismal diversity, evolution, and/or ecology. Teaching responsibilities may include the development of undergraduate and graduate courses, as well as the advising and mentoring of students.

We are seeking candidates with expertise in mentoring students from historically excluded groups, and who have a demonstrated commitment to racial justice.

Candidates must have:

  *   A doctoral degree in biology or related area, and postdoctoral experience.
  *   The ability to work and engage effectively with diverse students and faculty.
  *   A demonstrated publication record in scholarly journals.
  *   Demonstrated experience in diversity, equity and inclusion.

When prompted to upload your Resume/CV on the “My Experience” page, we ask that applicants submit the following documents:

  *   Cover letter (should list at least three references with contact information)
  *   Updated curriculum vitae
  *   Statement of research accomplishments and future research plans
  *   Statement of teaching and mentoring philosophy
  *   Diversity statement

Review will begin August 27th and will continue until the position is filled

Judith Mosinger Ogilvie, Ph.D., FARVO
Professor of Biology

Co-Director, Neuroscience Program

Saint Louis University