[FUN_Mail] Lab coordinator position at Furman University -- students you would recommend?

Erin Wamsley erin.wamsley at furman.edu
Thu Jul 8 12:11:45 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues-

I am looking for a new lab coordinator for my sleep lab here at Furman, and I would be delighted if you could share this opportunity with any aspiring scientists who you think might be interested. This would be a great opportunity for a talented recently graduated undergrad with a solid research background. Our past few lab coordinators have been highly successful in their next career steps, publishing multiple papers with our lab and going on to their top-choice PhD programs at MIT, the University of British Columbia, and the University of Delaware.

Job ad is pasted below, and here: https://www.funfaculty.org/jobs_listing.asp?id=129

Thank you in advance for sharing this opportunity with your trainees!

Best,

Erin J. Wamsley
Furman University
Associate Professor
Department of Psychology
864-294-3218
erin.wamsley at furman.edu<mailto:erin.wamsley at furman.edu>

The Furman Sleep Laboratory is seeking a full-time lab coordinator to assist with conducting research studies, research administration, and laboratory management.  Under the direction of Dr. Erin Wamsley, our laboratory investigates the consolidation of memory during sleep and waking rest, as well as the association between memory consolidation and dream experience. We are a small but productive primarily undergraduate research group at Furman University, a liberal arts school in the fast-growing city of Greenville, South Carolina (https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/things-to-do-in-greenville-sc).

To learn more about our research, see our website here: http://www.furmansleeplab.com/.

Job requirements include a Bachelor's degree in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field, as well as prior experience conducting research. The applicant must be comfortable working simultaneously on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with substantial independence. Strong organizational, analytic, and writing skills are essential. Prior experience with EEG (electroencephalography), sleep research, MatLab, or R programming are desirable but not required.

This position would be an especially good fit for aspiring scientists with a potential interest in a research career at a liberal arts university, and/or who have a special interest in our laboratory's niche research areas. In this position, you would have the opportunity to make intellectual contributions to our work, and to author conference abstracts and/or research papers. Our past lab coordinators have been highly successful in their next career steps, publishing multiple papers and going on to PhD programs at schools including MIT, the University of British Columbia, and the University of Delaware.

A September 1st start date is ideal, but this is negotiable.

Interested applicants may contact Erin Wamsley for more information at erin.wamsley at furman.edu<mailto:erin.wamsley at furman.edu>.
To apply, please provide the following (email erin.wamsley at furman.edu<mailto:erin.wamsley at furman.edu>):

  *   A cover letter explaining your interest in this position and prior experience
  *   A CV
  *   Contact information for 3 professional references