[FUN_Mail] Call to host the next FUN Summer Workshop
Illig, Kurt R.
illi8559 at stthomas.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:29:07 UTC 2021
Call for Potential Hosts for the next FUN Summer Workshop in 2022 or 2023
The FUN Education Committee is soliciting non-binding expressions of interest from potential hosts for the next in-person FUN Summer Workshop in 2022 or 2023. Those interested in potentially hosting the next FUN Summer Workshop should send an email to FUN Education Committee Chair, Jean Hardwick (jhardwick at ithaca.edu<mailto:jhardwick at ithaca.edu>), by July 15th, 2021. In the email please identify the host team members, indicate preferred host date (2022 and/or 2023), outline a timeline of planning, briefly describe the ability of the host institution and hosting team to meet the expectations below, and provide additional information that might be helpful for the committee to consider (note that the committee may request additional information).
Expectations for host institutions and teams:
* provide low-cost housing (e.g., residence hall rooms) for ~100-120 participants
* provide facilities for lab demonstrations, meetings, meals, and social gatherings
* proximity to an airport for travel
* partnerships with other regional institutions (as appropriate)
* partnership with campus conference staff (where possible)
* at least one FUN member in the hosting team (with more than one if possible)
* minority serving institutions (MSIs) are particularly encouraged to apply
Potential hosts are encouraged to contact Dr. Jean Hardwick (jhardwick at ithaca.edu<mailto:jhardwick at ithaca.edu>), Chair of the FUN Education Committee, with questions.
Kurt R. Illig, PhD
Professor of Biology and Neuroscience
University of St. Thomas | stthomas.edu<https://www.stthomas.edu/>
Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience | funfaculty.org<https://www.funfaculty.org>
krillig at stthomas.edu<mailto:krillig at stthomas.edu>
[University of St. Thomas : All for the Common Good]<https://www.stthomas.edu/e>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FUN_Mail