[FUN_Mail] Fourth Annual BioTAP Virtual Conference starts Monday

Audrey Chen Lew lewac at uci.edu
Fri Nov 5 06:16:38 UTC 2021

 Greetings,

For those of you *interested in scholarship on how to best help your TAs
teach*, consider attending the Fourth Annual BioTAP Virtual Conference will
be held this* Monday, November 8, 2021 (1-5pm EST), AND Tuesday, November 9
(1-4:35pm EST)*. This is a conference specifically focused on providing
effective teaching professional development to graduate and undergraduate
students teaching at our institutions. This year we have added a social
hour (8-9 PM EST Monday, November 8) and nascent idea discussion sessions
where you can gather with others to discuss topics of interest.

*This conference is FREE for all attendees.* Please visit the conference
website for the complete schedule and a link to abstracts:
https://www.biotap.org/conference

Dr. Daniel Reinholz (San Diego State University) will be the keynote for
the conference and will present a talk entitled, “*Measuring what we value:
What does it take to transform GTA professional development?*” He will
consider the role of departmental culture in supporting the types of
systemic change necessary for supporting graduate student teaching.

If you plan to attend some or all of the conference, complete the
registration form:
https://forms.gle/qoKmahLS5fSurvzV7

Zoom links for the conference days and social hour are at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gkkY1rlJhZD-NUzQG31iuU_pkJzaMC1fFp-bsN5_6aM/edit?usp=sharing

We sincerely hope you join us for this event!

The BioTAP Conference Committee,

Frank Castelli, Chair, Cornell University
Ash Heim, Cornell University
Olena James, Middle Tennessee State University
Amy Keagy, University of North Florida
Audrey Chen Lew, University of California, Irvine

--
Audrey Chen Lew
Assistant Professor of Teaching