[FUN_Mail] Lab fees

Paul Currie pcurrie at reed.edu
Thu Nov 18 04:26:49 UTC 2021

Hi Judy,
I teach two upper level neuroscience courses with labs. Reed does not
charge a lab fee for any of its science (lab) courses. The courses are
costly as we use rodent models, and include stereotaxic surgeries etc.
Students also carry out independent lab projects to prepare them for their
senior thesis. Again no additional cost is applied to any student. I
realize that this may not be the norm, but it does help those students who
might have financial constraints.
Best,
Paul

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 6:56 PM Judith Ogilvie <judith.ogilvie at slu.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> If you offer a neuroscience lab course, how much are your lab fees? Do you
> use crayfish and/or other pricey materials/supplies?
> Thanks in advance,
> -Judy Ogilvie
>

> ******************************************************* Judith Mosinger
> Ogilvie, Ph.D., FARVO Professor of Biology*
>
> *Co-Director, Neuroscience Program*
>
> *Saint Louis University*
>
> *pronouns: she/her/hers*
>

> *email:      judith.ogilvie at slu.edu <ogilviej at slu.edu> *