[FUN_Mail] NURVS II call for abstracts
MARY E. MORRISON
Morrison at lycoming.edu
Sun Feb 13 00:44:46 UTC 2022
CALL FOR NEUROSCIENCE UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH VIRTUAL SYMPOSIUM II (NURVS II) ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
The Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience will sponsor the Neuroscience Undergraduate Research Virtual Symposium (FUN NURVS II), showcasing research conducted and presented by undergraduate researchers. NURVS II will be held on Saturday April 9 using Gather, and will host both oral and poster presentations. This event allows students and faculty to make contacts with others who conduct or supervise undergraduate research.
Student eligibility: All presenting students must have a faculty sponsor who is a current member of FUN. Undergraduate student researchers who graduated in 2021 are eligible, as are all current undergraduate researchers.
Faculty sponsor eligibility: Each FUN member in good standing can sponsor one abstract submission for NURVS II. Please be sure that you are current on your FUN faculty dues at funfaculty.org before having your student submit their abstract.
In addition, Institutional FUN members can sponsor one submission.
Please note NURVS II is a separate meeting from the usual fall FUN poster session, and therefore requires its own abstract submission and registration.
* This call for abstracts will remain open until 9 pm on Friday March 4.
* Students should go to funfaculty.org, download the abstract template file, and edit it to create their abstract using Microsoft Word.
* Abstracts should be submitted via email to Dr. Mary E. Morrison at morrison at lycoming.edu<mailto:morrison at lycoming.edu>, with the presenting student's last name and FUN Abstract in the Subject line, along with an indication of whether the student is applying to give a talk or poster (example: Morrison FUN Abstract talk, or Smith FUN Abstract poster).
* The faculty sponsor's email should appear in the Cc for the email.
* Full contact information for the presenting student and the mentor should be included in the body of the email, and the abstract should be provided as an attached Microsoft Word file-not a link to an external website or other location. Submissions without presenter and mentor contact information in the accompanying email body will not be accepted.
* No edits will be made after email submission.
* Abstract submissions will be confirmed with a return email to the presenting student.
Details about poster size and recording file formats for talks will be sent to abstract submitters. Posters and talks must be prepared and submitted well ahead of the actual meeting date, to allow time for uploading into Gather.
Information about NURVS II registration for presenters and attendees will be forthcoming on funfaculty.org.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FUN_Mail