[FUN_Mail] Benchmarking faculty workloads?

Calin-Jageman, Robert rcalinjageman at dom.edu
Thu Jan 20 02:25:42 UTC 2022

Hi FUN friends,

My institution (Dominican University) is weighing some changes in how we account for faculty workload.  I'm part of a faculty-senate group tasked with investigating these issues.  One thing we've been struggling with is a lack of context - it's hard to tell where our current practices fit within the diverse world of higher end.

So... I put together a short survey and I was hoping some of our FUN community might have time to respond.  I feel like this might be a generally useful data set, so whatever I get from it I'll share back out to the listserv (only in aggregate, not with any institutional names).

Here's the survey:
https://dom.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9S9exgaXMQgWU8m

Cheers,

Bob

========
Robert Calin-Jageman
Professor, Psychology
Neuroscience Program Director
Dominican University
Parmer 210
7900 West Division
River Forest, IL 60305
rcalinjageman at dom.edu<mailto:rcalinjageman at dom.edu>
708.524.6581
http://calin-jageman.net<http://calin-jageman.net/>

[51h9QryV00L]
Shameless Self-Promotion: Introduction to the New Statistics is the first statistics textbook to focus on Open Science and the New Statistics. Instructors can obtain a free desk copy here: https://www.routledge.com/textbooks/evaluation/9781138825529.  Or, order on Amazon<https://outlook.office.com/owa/?realm=dom.edu&path=/options/mailsignatures>.