[FUN_Mail] Last chance: Today's FUN Final Friday on Building an Antiracist Lab

Amy Jo Stavnezer AJStavnezer at wooster.edu
Fri Jan 28 15:19:58 UTC 2022

Hello FUN Members and Friends--

We will gather virtually TODAY - Friday, January 28th, 2022 at 4:00 pm (EST) to discuss ways our teaching and/or research labs can combat racism.

Please use this link to register<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqcuipqD4sGtWop8fpeByQKGzUfi8oI044> for our January FUN Final Friday Zoom login.

We recommend (though do not require) consulting this short article in preparation for the conversation:
Chaudhary & Berhe (2020) Ten simple rules for building an antiracist lab. PLoS Computational Biology 16: e1008210.
https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1008210

We also share the current rough draft for spring 2022 FUN Final Friday gatherings (all at 4:00 Eastern time) and will provide more information in the coming months:
F 01.28.22 – Antiracist Lab Environments
F 02.25.22 – Teaching Courses That Enroll Students With Considerably Different Levels of Experience (facilitated by Jen Yates and Amy Mulnix)
F 03.25.22 – Mays Imad on Faculty Wellbeing and Justice Work as a Form of Healing
F 04.29.22 – Program Reviews: Preparing, Conducting, and Responding

Looking forward to seeing you,
Amy Jo Stavnezer, David Donley, Jason Chan, and Barbara Lom

Amy Jo Stavnezer, PhD
Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology
College of Wooster
Member, Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience<http://funfaculty.org/>
Editorial Board, Journal for Undergraduate Neuroscience Education<http://funjournal.org/>
This email was sent at a time convenient for me.  Please do not feel any need to respond until your regular working hours.