[FUN_Mail] [EXT] Re: textbook for introductory neuroscience

Kozlowski, Dorothy DKOZLOWS at depaul.edu
Wed May 17 16:37:53 UTC 2023

At DePaul, we use an Open Source textbook that was created by one of our faculty members, Austin Lim:
https://www.austinlim.com/open-neuroscience-initiative

--

Dorothy Kozlowski Ph.D.
Director, Neuroscience Program <https://csh.depaul.edu/academics/neuroscience/Pages/default.aspx>

Co-Founder Illinois Coalition to Address Intimate Partner Violence-Induced Brain Injury <https://tbi-dv-il.org/>

On 5/17/23, 10:17 AM, "FUN_Mail on behalf of Monica Linden" <fun_mail-bounces at lists.funfaculty.org <mailto:fun_mail-bounces at lists.funfaculty.org> on behalf of Monica_Linden at brown.edu <mailto:Monica_Linden at brown.edu>> wrote:

I work with some of the authors. The update is in progress.

On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 11:08 AM Karen Gunther <guntherk at wabash.edu <mailto:guntherk at wabash.edu>> wrote:

> It appears that the Bear, Connors and Paradiso neuroscience textbook is
> not being updated. What are others now using for introductory
> neuroscience textbooks?
>

> Thank you!
>

> * Karen
>

> ******************************
>
> Dr. Karen L. Gunther, PhD
>
> Professor and Chair of Psychology
>
> Chair, Institutional Review Board
>
> Chair, Psychology Division, Council on Undergraduate Research
>
> Wabash College
>
> Baxter 322
>
> 301 W. Wabash Ave.
>
> Crawfordsville, IN 47933
>
> 765/361-6286

Monica Linden, Ph.D.
she/her/hers
Distinguished Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Neuroscience
Provost's Faculty Teaching Fellow
PULSE Fellow <https://pulse-community.org/> <https://pulse-community.org/;>

Brown University
Box GL-N
Providence, RI 02912
401-863-5192
Appointment Calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUFNeWtjQzJFYzJUfGRlZmF1bHR8MWEwOTg2N2Y1NTUzZTA0MTZlMjA3YjhjNTM1MWE1ZmE> <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUFNeWtjQzJFYzJUfGRlZmF1bHR8MWEwOTg2N2Y1NTUzZTA0MTZlMjA3YjhjNTM1MWE1ZmE;>
Zoom Office (Typically By Appointment Only)
<https://brown.zoom.us/my/monicalinden> <https://brown.zoom.us/my/monicalinden;>