[FUN_Mail] [External] Re: Textbook for Introductory Neuroscience

Audrey Chen Lew lewac at uci.edu
Thu May 18 17:42:54 UTC 2023

I assign Neurobiology: A Functional Approach
<https://www.amazon.com/Neurobiology-Functional-Approach-Georg-Striedter/dp/0195396154/ref=sr_1_4?crid=KA0GZV5O63RA&keywords=georg+striedter&qid=1684431513&sprefix=georg+striedter%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-4>
by Georg Striedter as recommended text in one of my intro neuroscience
classes (for non-biologists).  It's a bit expensive and I don't cover every
page, so it's hard to make it a required text.  But, it has excellent
figures that help make complex ideas easy to digest, has an easy, casual
cadence in the narrative, and doesn't have errors in neuroscience.  It's a
great book.

Audrey

--
My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel
obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.

Audrey Chen Lew
Assistant Professor of Teaching
1221 McGaugh Hall
Department of Neurobiology & Behavior
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697
(949) 824-5607
Virtual Office: https://uci.zoom.us/my/audreychenlew
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fuci.zoom.us%2Fmy%2Faudreychenlew>
Website: https://faculty.sites.uci.edu/audreychenlew/
-------------- next part --------------
   I assign [1]Neurobiology: A Functional Approach by Georg Striedter as

        <[9]sands1m at cmich.edu>

     [3][10]https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://et.al__;!!K543PA!ODG9pMmOq

     [4][12]https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.funfaculty.org/mail

     [5][13]https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.funfaculty.org/drupal/

        1. mailto:[14]ogilviej at slu.edu
        2.
     [15]https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://judithogilvie.wixsite.com/my
     [16]https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://et.al__;!!K543PA!ODG9pMmOqEka
     [17]https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.funfaculty.org/mailman
     [18]https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.funfaculty.org/drupal/mai
     larchive/FUN_mail__;!!K543PA!ODG9pMmOqEkaZLpD6ghYV3rBTemmZ3qtWCIIUmW
     JroADmG74ud-dHohRhxs8w7et72SCNLFznWSKfmwbr8WJTocQrg$
     /listinfo/fun_mail__;!!CzAuKJ42GuquVTTmVmPViYEvSg!OyPYc1tHGAdRJdCPn0
     4aAAqg9UvMBQ-IXGlaVLpPbVymiFxvKygetWImbUtqqOm9GfkS76l3T2kZLGUung2XQP
     8$
     [21]https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.funfaculty.org/drupal/mai
     $

   --

   My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel
   obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.
   Audrey Chen Lew
   Assistant Professor of Teaching
   1221 McGaugh Hall
   Department of Neurobiology & Behavior